RICS is delighted to invite you to a Webinar CPD on How to Manage Conflicts within Projects, which will be held on 28 May 2019.
This Webinar will be covering the following vital points.
- Project Managers spend a high proportion of their time managing conflict, since projects are often complex, involve a number of different stakeholders and due to the very nature of projects being short term.
- Conflict is an area that can be overlooked, and Project Managers need to be aware and prepared with strategies to manage conflict, especially as some form of conflict is inevitable within a project environment.
- This CPD explores the definition and types of conflict that typically arise within a construction project from differing stakeholders, personalities, project goals, scope changes and so on.
- The presentation will examine the negative impact of conflict and how a workable Project Management environment affects wellbeing, performance and results, and how Project Managers can contribute, but help manage and mediate conflict in a positive manner.
- Case studies of conflict and how these were managed.
- An overview of tools and strategies to manage conflict.
Speaker: Jag Prashar
About the Speaker
Jag Prashar comes from a non-cognate background (Geography degree at Brunel University), after which she started her career at a well renowned London multi-disciplinary consultancy where she trained and worked as a MRICS Quantity Surveyor and Employer’s Agent. During her early career, she also studied for a Masters degree in Construction Cost Management at Reading University.
Jag has spent most of her career working as a Project Manager across varying types of organisation from FTSE 100 developer and consultancy practises, where she has developed an understanding of the differing stakeholders and challenges that a Project Manager will encounter and working methods that help to promote optimum project management outcomes. Jag has worked on a wide range of projects from commercial, residential, arts, sports, industrial and mixed-use developments both in the Middle East and the UK.
Jag works freelance for a management consultancy practise both in the UK and UAE.
16:00 to 16:30 – Adobe Connect will be open for Audio Testing
16:30 to 17:30 – Presentation
17:30 to 18:00 – Q&A
Do not send payment via bank transfer as this form of payment is no longer acceptable for CPD events.
Please note: We are unable to reserve a place at this event unless payment is made through this secure payment portal.
The presentation will start promptly at 4:30pm. If you have not been signed in by this time (4:30pm), you will not be able to claim your 1.5 CPD hours.
TRN – 100002591400003