RICS is delighted to invite you to a CPD run on FIDIC 2017 – looking at the changes made to the Contract and why they have been, which will be held on 24 April 2019 at the Crowne Plaza, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi.
This presentation will mainly cover and discuss the following:
- The main changes introduced and impacts on risks/responsibilities between the Contractor and Employer.
- The changing roles of the Engineer and Contractor in notifying/responding and performing their duties.
- The changing risk allocation between the parties
- The greater flexibility / Power given to the Engineer to make decisions
- The requirement for the Engineer to respond to Contractor Notices
- Increased detail/clarification given to clauses
- Focus on Dispute Avoidance
Speaker: Duncan Mather
About the Speaker
Duncan has a total of 16 years’ experience in construction, 10 of those in the Gulf. He started his career as a QS in the UK and moved to Dubai in 2008 working on large numbers of high profile commercial projects before his 4-year stint in Qatar where he worked as a Contract Administrator on the new airport and some other infrastructure projects. Duncan moved back to UAE in 2013 in a claims capacity on Abu Dhabi Midfield terminal project before making the move to Quantum Global Solutions in 2017 as a Senior Contractual and Commercial Consultant. He has since worked on several high-profile claims for QGS including arbitration submissions.
Crowne Plaza, Yas Island
Abu Dhabi, UAE
18:00 to 18:30 – Coffee, networking & registration
18:30 to 19:30 – Presentation
19:30 to 20:00 – Q&A
Do not send payment via bank transfer as this form of payment is no longer acceptable for CPD events.
Please note: We are unable to reserve a place at this event unless payment is made through this secure payment portal.
The presentation will start promptly at 6:30pm. If you have not been signed in by this time (6:30pm), you will not be able to claim your 1.5 CPD hours.
TRN – 100002591400003